Dear Patients and Referring Doctors,
QUFW has been putting in place our plan for the current COVID-19 crisis. As you know, as of March 11 2020, the World Health Organization announced that the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) was at pandemic level.
COVID-19 is a virus that affects the respiratory system. An affected person may experience coughing, sore throat and shortness of breath like symptoms. There is no evidence at this time that coronavirus affects the unborn fetus or that pregnant mothers are more susceptible of getting the infection. General preventative measures recommended is aimed to reduce the speed of the spread of the virus.
- good hand hygiene with soap and water or alcohol based sanitisers
- avoid close contact with anyone exhibiting symptoms
- social distancing
- avoid handshaking and kissing
- minimise touching your face, nose and mouth
Pregnancy scans and some gynaecology scans are essential as part of your on going care. QUFW is dedicated in keeping you and our staff healthy so that we can continue to provide this vital service. However, it does mean that will need to make some significant changes to the way we deliver our care to you.
We have implemented the following changes at QUFW. As the crisis continues, we will continue to monitor the situation and make further changes as required.
- At risk exposure. Our reception staff will be contacting every patient before their appointments to ask about recent travel in the last 14 days and/or if you have any flu like symptoms. If you have, please be aware that we will reschedule your appointment or refer you to your doctor
- Good hand hygiene. We have hand sanitisers for use at our front reception desk.
- Social distancing. The reception room chairs will be rearranged to decrease contact space.
- Support people numbers. Only the patient and one other support person will be allowed to the appointment and scan room. Children will not be allowed into the scan room or waiting area. We are deeply aware that the scan is a significant part of your journey. Our online image sharing program, Tricefy, which has always been included in your scans, is an easy way to share your scans with loved ones.
- Areas of high usage. We have removed the magazines and the toy box from the reception area.
- Contact time. Our highly experienced sonographers and doctors also need to be protected. The doctors will review the images and may either see you or contact you by tele/videoconference after the scan if required.
QUFW wishes to continue to provide our patients the best quality care and management support that we have been delivering for the last 15 years. These are unprecedented times. Therefore, we ask for your cooperation and understanding as we apply these changes.
The health and well being of our patients, staff and community has always been and continues to be our priority.
Please stay safe and healthy.