Dear Patients and Referrers,
Well done to everyone for ensuring we are all safe from COVID-19! While we, in Qld, have eased restrictions, this doesn’t mean we can get too complacent.
QUFW continues to closely monitor various health and medical imaging governing bodies and their published COVID-19 guidelines. All the current recommendations are aimed to keep the spread of the virus down.
WHAT HAVE WE DONE
- Social distancing – All our sites’ reception areas have been rearranged to separate patients for 1.5 metre social distancing.
- Support Person – We allow 1 visitor per appointment.
- Hand hygiene promotion – We have hand sanitisers for patient usage at our entrances, the front desks and in the ultrasound rooms. All QUFW staff wash their hands with soap and/or use sanitisers, before and after each scan.
- Disinfection – The office including the front reception areas are disinfected on a frequent basis throughout the day. The EFTPOS machine, the ultrasound machines plus probes and other medical equipment are disinfected in between patients.
- At risk screening questions – We are asking screening questions to identify at risk patients prior to their appointment. If you have cold or flu-like symptoms, we will rebook you. Our own staff are also subject to these questions and stay at home if in doubt.
- Masks and gloves – We can provide masks and/or gloves, upon request by the patients and may choose to wear them during their appointment. Our staff also have the option of wearing masks and gloves during the appointment.
We are continuing with these safety measures to ensure both patient and staff are protected. We will continually review the situation and implement changes as required.
Thank you for continuing to support each other to keep everyone safe!